Watch incredible live performances; relax at an outdoor cinema; have a chinwag with friends or chill out in lush garden surroundings – it’s up to you!
The old Cato Street car park is being transformed into a world class park known as Cato Square. The first of its kind in the City of Stonnington, this area will provide more open space for dwellers of the iconic Chapel Street Precinct.
Nine distinctive spaces to suit a diversity of community needs from intimate areas to larger gatherings; central square with water feature; themed green zones with extensive shading and landscaping and integrated public art are just some of the reasons we’re excited for this new hangout spot.
Where to Park
While the new square will cater 500 underground car spaces mid next year, parking is a no go until then. Here are some nearby alternatives:
- Woolworths rooftop: 160 car parks, one minute walk to Cato Street precinct
- Jam Factory (Garden Street, South Yarra): 970 car parks, ten minute walk
- Elizabeth Street (Prahran Market): 644 car parks, five minute walk
- 28 Chapel Street, Windsor: 140 car parks, 13 minute walk
- 8-14 King Street, Prahran: 300 car parks, five minute walk
There will also be a free bus shuttle service linking Cato Square with these car park options, operating Monday to Saturday (starting at 9am) while the Cato Street car park is unavailable.
How it will look