So you’ve swiped right and matched (Or ‘met through friends’ if that’s the story you’ve both decided to run with) – got through the awkward messaging stage and locked in a first date or maybe you’ve been together for a while and love to keep the fire alive with regular date nights. What are you going to do? You COULD go see a movie – but you realise you’re not 15 years old. You really like this one, so you want to make a good first impression. Below you’ll find everything you need to crush the first date or a regular date on Chapel Street.
So here’s a guide to the best date hotspots in Chapel Street Precinct!
The Daytime, Public Place, Hinge Meetup
You’re not too sure if you actually like them…yet. Play it safe and meet somewhere bustling with people and of course, great coffee. After all, if the date fizzles, at least you’ll have caffeine to carry you through!
Cafes perfect for first dates:
- Oscar Cooper 160 Greville St, Prahran
- Two Birds One Stone 12 Claremont St, South Yarra
- Tusk Cafe 133 Chapel St, Windsor
- Chez Mademoiselle 123A Greville St, Prahran
- Journeyman Cafe 169 Chapel St, Windsor
For more tasty Chapel Street brunch options, click here.
The “Just Drinks”
If you want to take it slowly and see where the night takes you, meeting up for a drink is the obvious answer. After all, a drink can turn into drinks and dinner if there’s a spark. Or if there’s no vibe, you can abort mission quick smart.
Bars that are sure to impress:
- Jungle Boy 96 Chapel St, Windsor
- Fonda Rooftop 144 Chapel St, Windsor
- Jono’s Piano Bar 157 Greville St, Prahran
- Beyond The Palms 33 Clifton St, Prahran
- Promise Bar 173 High St, Prahran
- Bar Villanelle 44 Chapel St, Windsor
For more Chapel Street bars, click here.
Dinner & Banter
This one’s a keeper and it’s time to impress. Like your Mama once said, the way to the heart is through their…. stomach. Show off your foodie sensibilities with a date at one of Chapel Street’s hottest restaurants.
Restaurants that are first date proof:
- Casa Nom 110 Greville St, Prahran
- David’s 4 Cecil Pl, Prahran
- Ines Wine Bar 150 Chapel St, Windsor
- Lover 60 Chapel St, Windsor
- Steer Dining Room 15 Claremont St, South Yarra
For more Chapel Street dinner hotspots, click here.
Dessert & Coffee
End the night with a shared dessert. How romantic?
Romantic dessert and coffee bars:
- Pidapipo, limited edition Gelato di San Valentino (available 7-20 Feb) 85 Chapel St, Windsor
- Gelato Messina 171 Chapel St, Windsor
- Kaneffi 174 Chapel St, Windsor
- Pretzel 397 Chapel St, South Yarra
- Lukumades 176 Chapel St, Windsor
A Gift For The Date
If you want to absolutely crush a first date, get them something with a bit of meaning. Now it doesn’t have to be massive or exy, just a lil somethin, somethin that relates to a joke or convo you’ve had in the lead up to the date. Don’t know what I mean? I once dated someone who was obsessed with coriander (no thanks). It was a common topic of banter so I rocked up with a ‘bouquet’ of the stuff. Boom. Go back through your messages, find that one thing and win the dating game.
Places to grab your thoughtful gift from:
- Connection 250 Chapel St, Prahran
- Chapel Street Bazaar 217 Chapel St, Prahran
- Handworks Nouveau Paperie 244 Chapel St, Prahran
- Prahran Market 163 Commercial Rd, South Yarra
- Vine Boy 421 Chapel St, South Yarra
Something to Do
Interactive, tick. Fun, tick. Opportunity to get a little messy, touchy feely, sweaty and flirty, TICK.
Great activity date spots in Chapel Street Precinct:
- The Essential Ingredient 32 Elizabeth St, South Yarra
- The Space Dance & Arts Centre 318 Chapel St, Prahran
- The Windsor Workshop 1/115 Chapel St, Windsor
- 1R Australia Love Week (14-18 Feb) (more details to come), Shop 10/625 Chapel St, South Yarra
Staying over? Click here to check out Chapel Street’s award-winning hotels.