Over four kilometres of weird, loud, creative energy… and that’s just the bars! Chapel Street is too unique to be pigeon holed into a number so small as 28. Here’s another 22 things that’ll have you saying ‘yes!’ That’s SO Chapel Street!
29. You smile more at dogs than humans
30. Being an accomplished gardener, your three succulents are still going strong
31. You’ve wondered if MAFS, Bachie & Masterchef dropouts are contractually obligated to live on Chapel when the season wraps
32. You totally have been guilted into attending comedy night at Attic – or were lured in with free drink vouchers
33. You don’t have a dog, but pet at least five a day
34. You’ve almost been killed by a Deliveroo delivery driver on a bike… more than once
35. You wonder when everyone got so obsessed with eyebrows
36. At least two of your neighbours are, or have been, drag queens. And they’re fierce
37. You’re convinced that J-Walking is legal
38. It takes 20 minutes to choose a restaurant, and 10 minutes to get there
39. Day before pay day is for $4 pizzas at Lucky Coq
40. Blue hair, don’t care
41. You eat out more than you should… and that’s why you’re always broke
42. Coffee is a necessity, not a luxury
43. You’re a walking happy hour encyclopedia
44. Sundays at Prahran Pool is totally a thing
45. But sunbathing at the park is just weird
46. Poof Doof is for enjoying the…scenery
47. You lose your boyfriend for half the day everytime he goes for a haircut
48. You know why you shouldn’t sit on the grass in the middle of Victoria Park
49. You bring all your out of town friends to see the giant robot
50. You couldn’t live anywhere else
Jamie Durie’s Groundswell is a revolutionary content project that will change the way people connect with global environmental issues and shine a light on what our Chapel Precinct businesses are doing in this space, especially for Christmas.
Stuck on where to find a gift this Christmas? We’ve got the perfect gift for you & all you have to do to win is find Nova’s Summer Santa!
If you’re sitting on the plane (or anywhere really) reading this and dreading the thought of staying with your family, we’ve got a suggestion, don’t.
We know Chrissy shopping can be the last thing on your list at this time of year, which is why we’ve put together three locations in Chapel Street Precinct to park your car and sort out gifts for the whole family in just two hours.
Welcomed as one of Australia’s biggest and most innovative examples of mixed urban design – expanding community facilities while increasing parking and boosting business around the precinct – Prahran Square will provide 10,000 square metres of public space, more than Federation Square.
Before this article had even started, we could feel the Melburnian eyes of judgement piercing through their screens. Coffee is quite possibly THE most important part of our lives, closely followed by #fashun and eating at every new restaurant before it’s reviewed by Broadsheet.
Channel Seven’s The Great Weekend had some fun in Chapel Street Precinct and visited some of our most eclectic and unique retailers.
One of the best things about living on or visiting the Chapel Precinct is immersing yourself in our incredible local and international art scene. Here are just some of the amazing contemporary galleries you can fuel your creative side with.