Over four kilometres of weird, loud, creative energy… and that’s just the bars! Chapel Street is too unique to be pigeon holed into a number so small as 28. Here’s another 22 things that’ll have you saying ‘yes!’ That’s SO Chapel Street!
29. You smile more at dogs than humans
30. Being an accomplished gardener, your three succulents are still going strong
31. You’ve wondered if MAFS, Bachie & Masterchef dropouts are contractually obligated to live on Chapel when the season wraps
32. You totally have been guilted into attending comedy night at Attic – or were lured in with free drink vouchers
33. You don’t have a dog, but pet at least five a day
34. You’ve almost been killed by a Deliveroo delivery driver on a bike… more than once
35. You wonder when everyone got so obsessed with eyebrows
36. At least two of your neighbours are, or have been, drag queens. And they’re fierce
37. You’re convinced that J-Walking is legal
38. It takes 20 minutes to choose a restaurant, and 10 minutes to get there
39. Day before pay day is for $4 pizzas at Lucky Coq
40. Blue hair, don’t care
41. You eat out more than you should… and that’s why you’re always broke
42. Coffee is a necessity, not a luxury
43. You’re a walking happy hour encyclopedia
44. Sundays at Prahran Pool is totally a thing
45. But sunbathing at the park is just weird
46. Poof Doof is for enjoying the…scenery
47. You lose your boyfriend for half the day everytime he goes for a haircut
48. You know why you shouldn’t sit on the grass in the middle of Victoria Park
49. You bring all your out of town friends to see the giant robot
50. You couldn’t live anywhere else
Many Chapel Street Precinct businesses are getting savvy with their takeaway offerings to ensure you can still enjoy your fave dishes safely while, importantly, helping staff stay employed and their business (livelihood) stay afloat. Watch and learn some creative ways to call and collect your food!
AFL Legend & Brownlow Medallist, Dane Swan, supports Chapel Street Precinct small businesses through COVID-19. Watch his daily videos keeping Melburnians updated on local offerings.
Online latte & dumpling deliveries, personal training & yoga from home, plus digital craft & cooking lessons are just some of the ideas Chapel Street Precinct businesses have come up with to get through the coming months. They need your help!
We are carefully monitoring the evolving pandemic & will continue to work in partnership with the City of Stonnington & DHHS as we work to ensure the health & safety of Victorians.
Many Chapel Street Precinct bars & restaurants are now delivering their famous cocktails as part of their delivery & takeaway menu! You’re welcome.
Restrictions may be easing but we need to remember to keep that 1.5 metre distance! Check out the lengths Chapel Street Precinct is going to for social distancing.
Feeling the effects of being in the house eating too much banana bread? Stay on top of health & fitness now with Bootcamps back! No more scratching at the walls for some release! Places strictly limited to 10 people per session. Spit out that muffin.
Most of our restaurants & cafe’s have pivoted to takeaway and delivery options so you can still support your local faves!