Over four kilometres of weird, loud, creative energy… and that’s just the bars! Chapel Street is too unique to be pigeon holed into a number so small as 28. Here’s another 22 things that’ll have you saying ‘yes!’ That’s SO Chapel Street!
29. You smile more at dogs than humans
30. Being an accomplished gardener, your three succulents are still going strong
31. You’ve wondered if MAFS, Bachie & Masterchef dropouts are contractually obligated to live on Chapel when the season wraps
32. You totally have been guilted into attending comedy night at Attic – or were lured in with free drink vouchers
33. You don’t have a dog, but pet at least five a day
34. You’ve almost been killed by a Deliveroo delivery driver on a bike… more than once
35. You wonder when everyone got so obsessed with eyebrows
36. At least two of your neighbours are, or have been, drag queens. And they’re fierce
37. You’re convinced that J-Walking is legal
38. It takes 20 minutes to choose a restaurant, and 10 minutes to get there
39. Day before pay day is for $4 pizzas at Lucky Coq
40. Blue hair, don’t care
41. You eat out more than you should… and that’s why you’re always broke
42. Coffee is a necessity, not a luxury
43. You’re a walking happy hour encyclopedia
44. Sundays at Prahran Pool is totally a thing
45. But sunbathing at the park is just weird
46. Poof Doof is for enjoying the…scenery
47. You lose your boyfriend for half the day everytime he goes for a haircut
48. You know why you shouldn’t sit on the grass in the middle of Victoria Park
49. You bring all your out of town friends to see the giant robot
50. You couldn’t live anywhere else
From 29 April to 17 May, BreastScreen Victoria is bringing their pretty in pink high-tech van to Princes Gardens, right near Chapel Off Chapel.
As our favourite city plays host to hundreds of local and international artists, Chapel Precinct’s Chapel Off Chapel and The MC Showroom will help to deliver a stellar line-up of laughs.
A guide to the best street art south of the river… Windsor edition. For simple inspiration, or the perfect Insta selfie backdrop.
Street art in South Yarra? It’s not the first thing to come to mind! While Windsor & Prahran get the glory as the edgier sections of Chapel Street, people would be surprised by what South Yarra has to offer. In between high fashion retailers, are pieces of art that deserve mention. Here they are.
Grab a buddy, a pal, or even a BAE and get your brunch on!
Sometimes you’ve just gotta try something a little different. So next time you’re heading to Chapel Street, why not explore a little further and take a stroll down to Forrest Hill Precinct?
Melbourne’s world famous Magic Festival has expanded for 2019 to The MC Showroom. After eleven hugely successful Magic Festivals, Melbourne is now internationally acknowledged as the centre of the magical arts in Australia.