Over four kilometres of weird, loud, creative energy… and that’s just the bars! Chapel Street is too unique to be pigeon holed into a number so small as 28. Here’s another 22 things that’ll have you saying ‘yes!’ That’s SO Chapel Street!
29. You smile more at dogs than humans
30. Being an accomplished gardener, your three succulents are still going strong
31. You’ve wondered if MAFS, Bachie & Masterchef dropouts are contractually obligated to live on Chapel when the season wraps
32. You totally have been guilted into attending comedy night at Attic – or were lured in with free drink vouchers
33. You don’t have a dog, but pet at least five a day
34. You’ve almost been killed by a Deliveroo delivery driver on a bike… more than once
35. You wonder when everyone got so obsessed with eyebrows
36. At least two of your neighbours are, or have been, drag queens. And they’re fierce
37. You’re convinced that J-Walking is legal
38. It takes 20 minutes to choose a restaurant, and 10 minutes to get there
39. Day before pay day is for $4 pizzas at Lucky Coq
40. Blue hair, don’t care
41. You eat out more than you should… and that’s why you’re always broke
42. Coffee is a necessity, not a luxury
43. You’re a walking happy hour encyclopedia
44. Sundays at Prahran Pool is totally a thing
45. But sunbathing at the park is just weird
46. Poof Doof is for enjoying the…scenery
47. You lose your boyfriend for half the day everytime he goes for a haircut
48. You know why you shouldn’t sit on the grass in the middle of Victoria Park
49. You bring all your out of town friends to see the giant robot
50. You couldn’t live anywhere else
Did someone say FREE BEER?! Set in Windsor’s hidden oasis (AKA Sample Bar’s beer garden), you’re invited to an afternoon of simple pleasures with Hawkers Beer.
Boy George Australian DJ Tour at Chasers Nightclub. Culture Club frontman & POP icon Boy George is one of the most recognised and in demand House Music DJ’s of all time.
Ahh Valentine’s Day, a stupid cliche, a money making con or an opportunity to show your numero uno how much you really appreciate them. There’s so much to do on Chapel Street this day of love, even the hard-hearted will soften.
Residents of Prahran are invited to attend this year’s ‘Coffee with a Cop’ morning in Pran Central’s food court on Tuesday, February 19 from 10am – 11am.
Mur Murr Gallery is a fresh boutique gallery in the heart of Prahran. They specialise in bringing European art to Australia. This will be Sonya and Bronya’s first visit to Melbourne.